I began to think whether having channel partner relationships are really helpful towards meeting our business development goals. I believe they can be. But I need to figure out how to make the partnership work.
So I began asking questions.
- How can I know which company is the right one to establish a relationship?
- What type of company should I be evaluating (i.e. service or product)?
- How much time and money should I invest in the partnership?
- How does our company add value?
- How can I project a business return?
- Are our business interests aligned?
I have many more questions with few answers so far. But it is a beginning. I will have more to say about channel partnerships as the year progresses.