Friday, January 8, 2010

Is Contingent Staffing a trend?

I read an article today that talked about Contingent Staffing, which they defined as the use of temporary or freelance labor, as a trend. I don’t agree with this. This is nothing new; companies have been doing this forever. I think what we’re seeing is a cycle. We have noticed in our business when the economy is booming companies want to hire full time people, to minimize the “brain drain” when the contingent folks leave, and impacts in internal morale from hiring them in the first place. In 2004-2006, we were seeing far more opportunities for full time placements than consulting engagements. Conversely, when the economy struggles, companies still want to complete their projects so they hire temporary or contract labor, as their doing now. I suspect in the coming years, we’ll see the pendulum move back towards a more balanced approach of full time people and contract, temporary or contingent workers.


What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My site has a lot of unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any solutions to help reduce content from being stolen? I'd definitely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete