Friday, October 9, 2009

Partnering with other engineering firms

We’ve been interested in partnering with other engineering firms, but have never quite made it work. I’m not exactly sure why, but looking back, I’m not sure all the previous attempts have been true partnerships. We’ve been approached by a few firms recently, so it’s got me thinking about it again.


It seems like it would be a good idea. We often have consulting jobs and don’t have the right person, and occasionally we have a consultant free that may be able to do a job for another firm. In this economy, it makes sense to maximize any opportunity, and by working with other firms, you can expand your network and broaden your offerings.


So what would a perfect partner look like? Well, first of all there would be some commonalities. For example it makes more sense for us to partner with someone working in product development than say distribution. Second, there should be some extension of services. We’ve met a great mechanical design firm in the past, which could be a great potential partner. We do very little of that, and they do very little software and hardware design. Finally, there needs to be common values. We would never consider partnering with a firm that did shoddy work or engaged in unsavory (in our opinion) business practices.


I’m looking forward finding those good fits. I guess with anything, patience is key.

3 comments:

  1. Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello People I am New, Iv been looking around this forum for a few weeks as a guest. I found it very and it has helped me allot. I hope to stick around for some time and give something back.

    Many Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya i am new on this forum i hope i will be able to help & contribute here because i have learned a huge amount myself.

    Cheers

    web design essex

    ReplyDelete