Monday, November 5, 2012

Process vs. People

Can a solid process support an inferior team? Yes.

Can a capable team overcome an insufficient (or inappropriate) process? Yes.

So which situation is more likely to be successful? In my opinion, it's the team every time. People trump everything.

Even though a good process makes a good team even more productive, a small team of high performers can do amazing things. The key here being a “small” team. Once you get past a certain size--I’d say 4 - 6--even the brightest superstars can become bogged down by poor communications and an inefficient working environment.

So if I had to pick, I’d pick the people. But of course, both is nice.

-Judi

1 comment:

  1. From a Process Guy, I agree, I say people!!!!! Process can never overcome poor people that manage and lead the process. People can often overcome (albeit inefficiently) a poor/outdated process.

    ReplyDelete